Monday, January 31, 2011

Guilt-trippin, in a good way I hope

When I lose the motivation to do homework, I remember...
what a blessing my education is, how hard my mama worked to get me here, what a small fraction of the world's population gets a college education, what a small fraction of those who have the opportunities to a college education actually take them;

When I feel like being selfish, like keeping things to and for myself, I remember...
how blessed I am to have such a closely-knit group of friends to share my life with, how rare and special it is to be so vulnerable with people I have known for a short time in relation to some I've known for decades, how wonderful it is to have things to share! how awesome and privileged am I to have accepted my past--well, at least enough to share it-- and how awesome it is to have physical, tangible things to share with others;

Perhaps most recently relevant...

When I settle back, into missing, into loving too much (and too little) people who are no longer a part of my life, I remember...
what a blessing it is to be Loved in the first place, to have loved/Loved, to catch even the smallest glimpse of what Love is like, to know the truest, ultimate source of Love is beyond anything we can and will comprehend.

Gratitude pouring out by the barrel.

1 comment:

Andrea Nissley said...

I just want to tell you how proud I am of you, how lucky I am to be your friend, and what an amazing person you are! You don't even know!

I miss you!