Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan

A thousand thoughts at once:

- An 8.6 earthquake strikes, and the first news articles to be published are about how the Japanese economy will be affected?? Following those articles was a long stream of tweets about how Disneyland is flooded. Really? No stories about relief, medical aid,....PEOPLE? What is the world thinking?

- How safe and silly and blessed we are to be here, where the closest we will ever get to a tsunami is during winter quarter, when it rains on our drain-less campus... Gratitude pouring out by the barrel.

- How terrible is it that it took an earthquake for me to put down my textbooks and think about all of this?

Be thankful, be joyful, pray for those in Japan who were affected...

I'm trying to make my "have-to"s into "get-to"s, and it has made a radical difference--

I get to study, I get to have an education to work for, I get to feel tired because I have had so many opportunities to do what I love, with all the energy I have.

Perspectacles......

No comments: