Tuesday, June 1, 2010

so maybe i overdramatize.

But I think it makes life exciting,
and all that I really really really want to do is ask you how you're doing,
and how you're liking spanish wine,
and if you've ridden a horse yet,
and if you've taken any photographs (can i see them?)
but i want you to answer Yes or No, and leave it at that
so I can be sure that I'm playing it safe
But even a smile would probably kill me,
so maybe it's best we email?
but i wouldn't be able to stand that!
the anticipation, the sweaty palms
so maybe we should skype
but how to arrange?
what's the time in madrid anyway? (midnight)
i didn't google that. shut up, i didn't!


okay.
maybe somewhere down the road,
we will stretch smiles across our faces again.
we will place our wallets under coffee tables,
and squint into the sun,
fighting about music and lyrics.
maybe somewhere down the road,
you will tell me about the girl you love
(I hope you love someone someday)
and I will tell you about the boy I love.
(I hope someone someday loves me like I loved you)
and we will smile like true friends,
(or something)
(and stay away from movies and couches.)
maybe...

No comments: