Sunday, December 12, 2010

and stories and stories and stories...

Sing softly in the quiet of bokeh blurs,
My sweet and precious home.
Wrap me tangled,
wrap me mangled,
in the grey-grey of your floors
and I will dance and weave my arms
around and upside down
through fibers and fibers and fibers
in the most boisterous of fashions,
a Madonna, the new kind.
My eyes can't hold these stories
any more than coffee cup rims
can hold his kisses;
Awaken me, senses
with soft sauces and butters
that melt slowly
and leak,
let us dance again;
while the overcast stares menacingly
wrap me tangled,
wrap me mangled,
in the grey-grey of your floors
and I will sing a love song
for all my broken bones
for all the places my skull can't reach
for the thousand pieces of poetry that
play their way home,
I will sing.
Though my hands are cracked and battered,
I still pray for open skies
and the one day
when those sputtering
sax notes
will send me to Your arms,
a cowering fool,
in the arms of a King.

No comments: