Tuesday, October 5, 2010

at last

Time to myself, and writing at 3am. I haven't been awake at this time in awhile, having surrendered to that whole "8 hours a night" schpiel that everyone's been convincing me is best. Well, I am sorry, but I like this time of the night. (Morning? I have always wondered)

It's beautiful, okay? The perfect break between the last day and the next, the set and the rise, slowly fading night sounds and slowly rising morning noises, and everything in between. I like hearing air flow through the ceiling vents and seeing lights in windows disappear as the night wanes on. I like talking to the occasional insomniac. I like pretending we are the only ones alive. I like this time of the night.

I am me, in a grotesque, fabulous, broken way; a slightly dizzy superstar, on the edge of that stage...

I guess tonight won't be a poetic one. But I just wanted to say that. And know that. I like this time of the night.

No comments: