Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the invention of the highlighter

As of three hours ago, my back has been experiencing sharp, spontaneous pains that I can only attribute to my failed attempts at keeping up with Kerry's volleyball workout regimen. I've slipped comfortably into an unhealthy sleep schedule, exchanging shut-eye time for music and laughter. It's fine. I feel more "me" that way, anyway. A little loopy. A little disillusioned.

Squeezing highlighters or similar objects during exams has proven beneficial to test-takers. By gripping something, blood flow increases and one becomes more focused. I wonder who invented the highlighter. Pause. Here: http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blpen.htm . Okay.

Back to the textbook, back to the smell of new pages and brain sweat.

No comments: